CAMP ENERGY invites youth to spend a week at an overnight camp in Millville, Pennsylvania, learning the skills they need to take control of their own health & happiness. The next Camp ENERGY will take place during the week of August 6-11, 2017.
WHO IS CAMP FOR?
- Youth between the ages of 11 and 18 (must have completed 5th grade).
- Youth in any location capable of traveling to camp in Millville, PA (approximately 150 miles northwest of Philadelphia).
- We do not provide transportation.
- Youth willing to participate in camp activities and work on healthy lifestyle changes.
WHAT DOES IT COST TO ATTEND?
There is a fee of $200 which covers everything needed for the stay, including lodging in air-conditioned cabins, meals and snacks, and supplies for activities. Financial aid is available for those in need.
CAMPER APPLICATION PROCESS
- Fill out the Camp ENERGY Application Form 2017 APPLICATION
- Submit the Camp ENERGY 2017 Medical Form completed by your doctor, a copy of the camper’s immunization record, and health insurance card
Please ask your doctor to fax all three documents to Camp ENERGY Medical Director, Jennifer Franceschelli, DO at (570) 271-6852
- After we receive these three forms, the Camper medical application will be reviewed by the Camp ENERGY core staff.
-Food allergies: The Camp Dietician will review any food allergies at the time of the application process. She may call with any further questions or talk to camper parents on arrival to camp. Please be sure to include any details about specific allergies, including past reactions, in the camper application. We work hard to ensure that the campers are not exposed to certain foods but as in the real world, we cannot guarantee that the risk of exposure is zero percent.
-The final decision is held at the discretion of the Camp ENERGY Medical Director. The primary goal of this process is to ensure that we can appropriately accommodate all campers and staff in a safe manner.
- We will follow up with your final acceptance to camp, and request for consent forms and payment
- Your spot will be reserved after we receive your consent form and payment
- Camp ENERGY is a rigorous camp and many activities are held outdoors. Therefore, if a camper has required an albuterol inhaler in the past one year, then we ask that you please bring this inhaler with them to camp.
- All medications should be in their original pill bottle for proper identification for the medical staff. If there are multiple medications then you may use a pill box but we ask that you bring the pills with original bottle to the check-in so that pills can be properly identified/verified with staff.
- Cabins are air conditioned.
- Campers sleep in twin sized bunk beds. We recommend bringing a sleeping bag or twin-size bed sheets and a blanket.
- Campers use a shared bath house.
- NOTE: Cell phones are not allowed – we want to enjoy a ‘disconnected’ week!