Counselors at Camp ENERGY work with adolescents and teens to assist them in learning the skills and activities needed to take control of their health and happiness. Acting in teams, counselors are responsible for ensuring the health, safety, and education of campers. Counselors are assigned to groups of campers by age and stay in shared cabins for the week.
This is a non-paid volunteer opportunity; everything needed for the stay is covered, including lodging in air-conditioned cabins, meals and snacks, and all activities. Volunteers are required to submit clearances to have direct contact with Camp ENERGY Campers. Learn more about the requirement here: Clearances
1. Ensure the health, safety, and education of all campers.
2. Actively participate in general camp program, including all educational and recreational activities.
3. Familiarize yourself with each camper assigned to your team and help him/her get the most from the camp experience.
4. Stay in cabins with campers and monitor activities, observe diet and behavior, and offer emotional support and guidance.
5. Ensure that assigned campers arrive at scheduled activities on time.
6. Supervise and participate in campers’ meals and snacks.
7. Maintain necessary records and complete requested forms and reports.
8. Contribute to cabin housekeeping, sanitation, and care of camp equipment as needed.
9. Work cooperatively with other staff members.
10. Participate in pre-camp training (August 4).
11. Take part in the opening and closing of the cabin and the camp at large.
12. Participate in staff meetings throughout the week and occasional night duty as needed.
13. Comply with all personnel policies for camp staff.
• At least 19 years of age
• Earned High School Degree or equivalent
• Interest in working with teens and in fitness, nutrition, or health
• Willingness to learn and develop skills in a variety of camp settings
• Ability to work cooperatively as a team member
• Available for full week of camp, August 4 – August 10, 2018
• Able to provide own transport to and from camp in Millville, PA
• Willing to undergo PA State Police Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Background Check
• To protect the health of our campers, we require that all counselors are up to date with their vaccines as recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC)